German fried potatoes. German fries (also referred to as German fried potatoes) is a dish consisting of thinly sliced raw or cooked potatoes fried in butter. Bacon and onion slices are common additional ingredients. Germans are known for their love of potatoes.
This is my all time favorite way to fix potatoes. This search takes into account your taste preferences. Fried potato recipes are among my favorites. You can cook German fried potatoes using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German fried potatoes
- Prepare 4 of large potatoes, quartered & sliced.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 5-6 of sliced bacon browned.
- It’s of Seasonings.
- It’s to taste of Salt,.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Bacon grease.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of water.
Using raw or cooked potatoes, these Bratkartoffeln add some bacon, some onion, and various other ingredients and taste just like Oma's. Classic and comforting, these German pan-fried potatoes (aka Bratkartoffeln) are bursting with flavor. Soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, and a perfect side dish for a plethora of recipes. Pan-fried potatoes are a classic, versatile German dish that is easily adapted with additional ingredients and comes in different flavor combinations.
German fried potatoes step by step
- Cook bacon till browned.! Remove bacon and set aside. Using the grease from the pan, add potatoes and onions. Brown well, scraping the bottom of the pan well..
- When browned, add a little water at a time, scraping the bottom of the pan..
- Salt and pepper & cook till the potatoes are done..
The potatoes are traditionally diced or sliced. This German Fried Potatoes recipe delivers on flavor and is a great side dish anytime of year! This is my version of a great fried potato classic. How to make German Fried Potatoes Video Tutorial. Drain the potatoes, add them to the pan and cover with a lid.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…