Belgian Beef Stew With Beer.
You can cook Belgian Beef Stew With Beer using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Belgian Beef Stew With Beer
- Prepare 1 kg of Beef stew meat.
- Prepare 10 grams of Butter.
- It’s 2 large of onions.
- Prepare 1 pints of Dark beer, preferably dark Trappist beer.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Syrup of Liege.
- It’s 1 bunch of Fresh thyme.
- You need 1 of Clove.
- Prepare 2 of Leafs of laurels.
- It’s 1 slice of Brown bread.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mustard.
- Prepare 1 dash of Vinegar.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1 of Salt.
Belgian Beef Stew With Beer instructions
- Peal the onions and cut them in pieces. Don't cut them too small ….
- Heat a big pot and melt the butter. Stew the onions on a medium fire. Make sure the onions don't become brown.
- Heat a pan on a medium fire and melt a knob of butter.
- Scorch the meat in the pan until it has a golden brown color. Season the meat with pepper and salt..
- put the meat in the pot with the onions and stir them.
- Keep the pan where u cooked the meat hot and pour the beer in it. Stir the baked leftovers while we wait till the beer is boiling (deglazing).
- When the beer boils, pour it in the pot with meat and onions.
- Tie the laurels and thyme with a rope and let it stew in the pot.
- Add the clove and syrup of liege.
- Spread a lot of mustard on the slice of dark bread. Put the slice in the pot, with the mustard-side down.
- Leave the stew simmer for 1h30 minutes to 3 hours on a low heat. Don't put the lid on the pot. Stir from time to time.
- When the sauce has the required density, u can put the lid on the pot.
- Don't forget to add pepper and salt to taste.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…