Coconut pecan German chocolate pie. This Coconut Pecan German Chocolate Pie Recipe has a layer of gooey coconut pecan filling, a chocolate pudding and chocolate whipped cream. This pie you guys, can you even handle all the layers? Be the first to review this recipe.
It's so silky and smooth, you won't be able to put your fork down. I love anything with the German chocolate combination of chocolate, pecans and coconut. For More Great "Taste of Home" Recipes, go to www.tasteofhome.com. СтраницыСМИКниги и журналыЖурналTaste of HomeВидеоCoconut-Pecan German Chocolate Pie. You can cook Coconut pecan German chocolate pie using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut pecan German chocolate pie
- You need of Pie dough, below.
- It’s 4 oz of German sweet chocolate, chopped.
- You need 2 oz of unsweetened chocolate, chopped.
- You need 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare of Pie dough ingredients.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of cold lard.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp of ice water.
- Prepare of Topping ingredients.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter, cubed.
- Prepare 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 cup of flaked coconut.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.
Whisk in milk, yolks and vanilla. This German Chocolate Pecan Pie is a holiday favorite dessert at our house! It combines two of popular desserts into one incredible pie! This beautiful German Chocolate Pecan Pie is incredibly delicious with coconut, pecans, and chocolate!
Coconut pecan German chocolate pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Roll dough to a 1/8 inch thick circle, transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Trim and flute. Line unpricked pastry with foil. Fill with pie weights. Bake 12 minutes. Remove foil and weights, bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light brown. Cool. Reduce oven setting to 350.
- Melt chocolate, cool slightly. Whisk in milk, yolks and vanilla. Stir in pecan. Pour into crust. Bake 16 to 19 minutes or until set. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack..
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cream and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat..
- Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into yolks, return to pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until thickened and a thermometer reads 160 degrees. Remove from heat. Stir in coconut and vanilla. Cool 10 minutes..
- Poor over filling. Sprinkle with pecans. Chill 4 hours or until cold..
- Pie dough instructions. Mix flower and salt together. Cut in cold lard. Gradually add 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water, tossing with fork until dough forms. Wrap and chill 1 hour..
If you like this pie, be sure to check out. My family is a bunch of sweet nuts. We used our pie crust recipe instead of the one listed with the Taste of Home recipe. · This German chocolate pecan pie combines the ingredients everyone loves in its classic cake cousin. German chocolate cake, originally German's chocolate cake, is a layered chocolate cake from the United States. Dang, I wish my husband would eat coconut.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…