Dutch baby/ German pancake. A Dutch baby pancake, sometimes called a German pancake, a Bismarck, a Dutch puff, or a Hootenanny, is a large American popover. A Dutch baby is similar to a large Yorkshire pudding. We have this recipe in my family forever.
Dutch Baby Pancakes taste like Crepes but in pancake form. The batter puffs up to form a billowy crust with a custard-like center. A dutch baby (German pancake) is simple to make but is truly special. You can have Dutch baby/ German pancake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dutch baby/ German pancake
- You need 2/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 2/3 cup of milk.
- You need 2 of egg.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare Dash of vanilla (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
Watch the video tutorial and see the magic that happens in the oven. Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. Made with a batter of flour, eggs, sugar, butter, milk, cooked in the oven. The sides of the pancake rise high above edges of the pan, creating a light, puffy crust with a tender, eggy middle.
Dutch baby/ German pancake step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with a #7 cast iron skillet. Rule of thumb if you make a big batch. When pouring into skillet cover the entire bottom of the skillet and a little more. If you dont have enough batter the pancake will be lighter or not grow up the sides. If you add too much batter it will grow pretty high up the side and the bottom will be a little thicker. Its better to be heavy on the batter..
- Combine ingredients in a large measuring cup and mix until all blended..
- Pull preheated pan out of oven and drop the butter in hot pan. Move the butter around until all melted. Pour batter in pan and return to oven..
- Cook for 20 or so minutes until the Dutch baby rises and starts to brown..
- Once down it should look like pic. Dust with powder sugar and add what ever toppings you like fresh fruit. Add syrup over pancake..
A Dutch Baby Pancake (or sometimes called German Pancakes) is light, airy, and sweet. Made with six simple ingredients, Dutch Babies are incredibly easy, just mix everything in a blender, bake for twenty minutes, and DONE. Top with fresh fruit, a dollop of whipped cream and a good drizzle of. Dutch baby pancakes are like a hybrid (or a love child, if you will) of a pancake, a crepe, and a popover — all in one giant skillet. It feels like a party trick, but for the breakfast crowd.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…