Flan Cake(French custard)(Bánh Flan). Try out my easy French Flan recipe and let me know whether you liked it or not! ^_^Share Your Thoughts With Me! It's of **NOTE: Since egg sizes may vary, measure the volumes of eggs and milk to be consistent. Flan Cake(French custard)(Bánh Flan) step by step.
If you are having problem lately in the kitchen when it comes to obtaining your food just right, you are not the only one. Lots of people have natural cooking skill yet not quite sufficient knowledge to cook with excellence. This Flan Cake(French custard)(Bánh Flan) dish is an excellent start, easy to prepare. You can have Flan Cake(French custard)(Bánh Flan) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Flan Cake(French custard)(Bánh Flan)
- Prepare 14 of eggs= use 7 whole eggs and 7 egg yolks=measure volume(500 ml for large eggs).
- It’s of Whole milk=use 2.2 times the volume of eggs~ 1.1 liters.
- Prepare of Sugar=use 1 tbsp for every 2 eggs-7 tbsp-adjust depending on taste.
- Prepare of Condense milk: same as sugar.
- Prepare of Caramel: use about 5 tbsp or more.
- Prepare of Vanilla powder: 1/2 oz or liquid(1 tsp).
- It’s of Some lime peels chopped.
- Prepare of **NOTE: Since egg sizes may vary, measure the volumes of eggs and milk to be consistent.
In a saucepan, bring milk, sugar, vanilla bean and seeds to a boil. The French Flan – Custard Tart. A touch of vanilla, it's a really fresh dessert. That's the first flan I have ever made, and I really think it was perfect. not too heavy, not too much flour, great colour and shape. this recipe convinced me !
Flan Cake(French custard)(Bánh Flan) step by step
- Cooking Method: Making the caramel: Mix the sugar with 1 Tbsp of warm water in small sauce pan over low heat until brown(dark or light depending on your taste. Add 4 Tbsp of hot water, 1 Tbsp at a time and boil until the sugar is dissolved thoroughly. Pour the cramel syrup into a 2 qt ceramic container. Spread chopped lime peels evenly in the caramel surface..
- Custard step 1 :After measuring the egg volume, stir it lightly to break the egg whites, do not use mixer.
- Mix sugar, condensed milk and milk in a pan. Heat the mixture until you see small bubbles forming- around 140 degree F.
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Line a large roasting pan with 2 layers of paper towel. Pour warm water (from the faucet) into the tray..
- Slowly mix the egg mixture and warm milk in a separate container. Do not pour the milk directly on the egg mixture because it may cook the eggs..
- Mix vanilla powder(or liquid) with mixture. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into the container..
- Place the porcelain container in the roasting pan. Add hot water if needed to fill up to halfway the side of the container. Bake for 45 mins. Make sure the water does not boil while baking..
- Remove the container and allow it to cool in a coldwater bath. Once cooled, Put the container in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving..
- Note: Check the custard by inserting a toothpick in the center. If toothpick comes out clean it is cooked..
It all started with me wanting to prove to myself that I could out-flan the French – a tall order considering that most bakeries in France are made or broken by Pour the custard into lined cake tin and place in the oven. Flan was introduced to VIetnam by the French. The silky custard and fluffy chiffon cake are a perfect dessert for a hot summer's day. Flan by itself is already an elegant dessert. This recipe adds a layer of fluffy chiffon cake for an even nicer showstopper.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…