Country French Bread.
You can cook Country French Bread using 6 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Country French Bread
- It’s 1 tsp of Active dry yeast.
- Prepare 2 cups of warm water.
- Prepare 4-5 cups of unbleached flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg mixed with 1 tbsp of coldwater.
- It’s of Oil to grease the pan.
Country French Bread step by step
- In a small bowl combine the yeast with 1/2 cup of water. Set aside for 10 minutes until foam starts to form..
- Combine 4 cups of flour with salt in a large mixing bowl..
- Add yeast mixture and remaining water to the flour. Using a mixer with a dough hook, knead the dough until it is no longer sticking to the bowl. Add more flour as needed..
- When dough is no longer sticking to the bowl, set the bowl aside and cover with a dampened cloth. Leave for about 1.5 hours or until dough has doubled in size..
- Remove the dough from the bowl cut into 4 peices..
- Roll the dough with your hands into long buns using a rolling, pulling and squeezing technique.
- Transfer loaves to lightly oiled baking sheets (2 on each). Let rise until doubled again..
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and ensure that racks are on the middle and bottom locations..
- Beat the egg with 1 tbsp of cold water and glaze each loaf..
- With a sharp knife cut diagonal slits in the loaves.
- Place a metal pie pan with water on the bottom rack of the oven..
- Bake loaves for 15 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 400 degrees, switch the places of the pans and bake for another 5 – 10 minutes until loaves are golden brown..
- Remove from oven. Let cool and serve. Tastes great with butter!.
- To freeze: once cooled, wrap in saran wrap and keep in freezer until you're ready to serve it..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…