French Onion Soup with Homemade Fullblood Wagyu Beef Stock.
You can cook French Onion Soup with Homemade Fullblood Wagyu Beef Stock using 28 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French Onion Soup with Homemade Fullblood Wagyu Beef Stock
- It’s of Fullblood Wagyu Beef Stock.
- You need 1 PACKAGE of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Soup Bones (thawed).
- It’s 3 of Large Carrots (large diced).
- You need 3 STALK of Celery (large diced).
- It’s 1 of Yellow Onion (large diced).
- It’s 1 of Red Onion (keep skin on, large diced).
- Prepare 1 of Red Onion (keep skin on, large diced).
- You need 2 of Leeks (large diced).
- It’s 5 SPRIG of Thyme (fresh).
- You need 3 QT of Cold Water.
- Prepare of French Onion Soup.
- It’s 1 OZ of Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 1 OZ of Grapeseed Oil.
- You need 4 of Sweet Onions (julienned).
- It’s 3 of Garlic Cloves (chopped).
- Prepare 2 SPRIG of Thyme (fresh).
- It’s 2 of Bay Leaves.
- You need 1 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 8 OZ of Red Wine (chef recommends Pinot Noir).
- It’s 1/4 CUP of All-Purpose Flour.
- You need 2 QT of Fullblood Wagyu Beef Stock.
- It’s 1 TSP of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1 TSP of Red Wine Vinegar.
- You need 1 of Baguette (1/4-inch-thick slices on a biased cut).
- You need 6 OZ of Gruyere (grated).
- Prepare of Kosher Salt (to season).
- It’s of Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to season).
French Onion Soup with Homemade Fullblood Wagyu Beef Stock step by step
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU BEEF STOCK Preheat your oven to 400°F.On a baking sheet with a rim, place all of the diced carrots, celery, onions, and leeks. Place the thyme on the baking sheet as well.Place the Fullblood Wagyu soup bone on top. Roast in the oven at 400°F for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are roasted and the beef bone has nice caramelization. Remove from the oven, and transfer everything to a crock pot..
- Cover the roasted vegetables and Fullblood Wagyu soup bone with cold water, and put the crock pot lid on. Set the crock pot on low, and let it simmer for 12 hours. NOTE: Some crock pots only have an 8 hour low setting, so be sure to restart it for another 4 hours, so you have a total of 12 hours in the crock pot.After 12 hours, use a fine mesh sieve to strain off the Fullblood Wagyu beef stock, and reserve. Discard the bones and vegetables..
- PREPARING THE SOUP Melt the unsalted butter and grapeseed oil in a large stainless steel pot over medium heat. Add the julienned sweet onions, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Cook, while stirring occasionally and scraping the bottom on the pan to pull up all the caramelization, until the onions are very soft and caramelized. This usually takes about 25 minutes.Add the wine, chopped garlic, sprigs of thyme, and bay leaves..
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat.Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the wine has almost evaporated. Discard the thyme sprigs. Dust the onions with the all-purpose flour, and give them a stir. Turn the heat down to medium-low so the flour doesn’t burn. Cook for 5 minutes..
- Now add the previously prepared Fullblood Wagyu beef stock. Add the red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce as well, and bring the soup back to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper..
- FINAL STEPS When you’re ready to finish the soup, preheat the broiler. Arrange the baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper). Sprinkle the slices with the Gruyere cheese, and broil for 3 to 5 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.Ladle the soup in bowls, and float the Gruyere croutons on top.Serve, and enjoy!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…