German mustard cream potatoes. Cut up potatoes to bite-size chunks. (No need to peel them) put in salted boiling water. A German recipe in the 'modern' tradition. Mix into the potato along with the sausage and gherkins.
A typical way to eat Schnitzel (in german-speaking countries) is with french fries and ketchup, potato salad or with Spätzle und Soß (basically swabian noodles). The sauce is usually gravy or a thicker cream-based sauce with mushrooms. Leave skins on if using red potatoes. You can have German mustard cream potatoes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German mustard cream potatoes
- Prepare 1 lb. of Knockwurst links, cut into thick coins.
- Prepare 2 of white onions, chopped.
- Prepare 3 lb. of Red potatoes.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare Jar of sauerkraut.
- Prepare 1 c. of Heavy cream.
- It’s 3 T. of German hot mustard.
- You need to taste of Pepper,.
Mix sugar, salt, mustard, pepper and vinegar. Add sour cream and cucumbers and mix. Pour over potatoes and mix lightly until potatoes are coated with dressing. While potatoes are cooking chopped onion to skillet and cook until slightly translucent add sausage rounds and cooked through until the sausage is seared Add mustard to the pan, then stir in heavy cream to combine.
German mustard cream potatoes instructions
- Cut up potatoes to bite-size chunks. (No need to peel them) put in salted boiling water. Lower temperature to a slow boil for about 10 minutes. You want the potatoes a little softened, but not cooked completely soft. Drain..
- While potato boils, cut up 2 onions and put in electric skillet with sausage coins and a touch of olive oil (just to prevent sticking) Brown slowly..
- After draining potatoes, dump them in skillet with onions and sausage. Stir around and get a little crisp on your potato chunks before moving on..
- Dump in a jar of sauerkraut. (You can drain it, but we like the little bit of extra vinegar…so I don't drain it first..
- Combine the heavy cream with the mustard and pour into skillet. Stir to incorporate everything. Sprinkle with black pepper. Enjoy!.
Toss Yukon gold potatoes with Dijon mustard, vinegar, thick-cut bacon, chives and seasoning for this classic German Potato Salad recipe from Food Network. German potato salad couldn't be any easier than this version by Mary Nolan. Pan-fried potatoes are a classic, versatile German dish that is easily adapted with additional German potato pancakes are a restaurant staple, a homemade classic, and a popular street food Kartoffelpuffers are traditionally accompanied by creamy applesauce, fruit preserves, or sour cream. This German Skillet with Mustard Cream Sauce features tender potatoes, seared sausage, and tangy sauerkraut bathed in a simple mustard crea. German mashed potatoes are a classic side dish for all meat dishes with gravy such as Goulash, beef Rouladen, and are a great combination with fried liver, meat loaf and Bratwurst.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…