Homemade German Bratwurst.
You can cook Homemade German Bratwurst using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade German Bratwurst
- It’s 13 lbs of pork butt.
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of crushed caraway seed.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tbsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tbsp of mace.
- You need 1-1/2 tbsp of marjarum.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of dried mustard powder.
- You need 2 cups of very cold whole milk.
- Prepare 4 oz of pink salt.
Homemade German Bratwurst step by step
- Butcher the pork butt by removing the bone and cutting in to 2” pieces. Place pork butt and the ground beef in the freezer for one hour..
- Grind the pork using a 10mm grinding plate. Take approximately one third of the pork and grind it a second time using a fine grinding plate. Place back in the freezer along with the coarsely ground pork and the lean ground beef..
- While the meat is chillin in the freezer, use a mortar and pestle to smash the caraway. In a small bowl, mix all of the powdered spices and set aside..
- Remove the meat from the freezer and thoroughly mix in the spice mixture. This may take a good ten minutes. Place the meat mixture in the refrigerator overnight..
- Clean and sanitize the meat grinder, grinder auger, plunger, feed tray, and large tray. Place in the freezer while you prepare the hog casings..
- Thoroughly rinse the hog casings inside and out by placing the end of the casing over the faucet and running cold water through them. Repeat step 6..
- Now it’s time to stuff the sausage. Assemble your grinder with the chilled parts. Place a hog casing over the sausage tube by slightly wetting the tube and slipping the casing completely on the tube. Tie a knot in the casing. Slowly fill the sausage casing. This takes some time to get used to. Do not over-stuff the casing. Tie the remaining end and twist into links..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…