Potato and chorizo tacos. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until. We're kicking off Taco Tuesday with one of the all-time classic flavors of the Mexican kitchen, starring chorizo and potatoes. This is a damn good taco.
Potato and Chorizo Tacos Topped with Salsa Verde. Add the chorizo-potato mixture to the skillets and press into an even layer. We loved these tacos, however I used soy chorizo from Trader Joe's. You can have Potato and chorizo tacos using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and chorizo tacos
- Prepare 1 lb of chorizo(my recipe or yours).
- Prepare 1 of white onion (1/2 cup finely diced and onion chopped the rest for service).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of gold potato petite diced.
- Prepare of to taste Ancho.
- Prepare of to taste cumin.
- You need of to taste smoked paprika.
- It’s of to taste salt.
I also cooked the yam the day ahead and refrigerated it over night. Then chopped it up and cooked it with the onion. Add sour cream or yogurt to soften the strong chorizo taste. This is a delicious vegetarian version and a simple quick.
Potato and chorizo tacos step by step
- Start by adding some evo to a pan and heat. Add the chorizo and cook until cooked through and crumbling, remove..
- Add the onions and potatoes and add another glug of oil and season by dusting the top with ancho, cumin, paprika, garlic powder followed by a few pinches of salt and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the chorizo back in with a some fresh cilantro and cook for an additional 5 minutes, taste for salt. Serve with accoutrements like white onion, tomatoes, cotija cheese, avocado, cilantro and spicy crema..
This is where these potato and chorizo tacos come in. Potatoes and chorizo or chorizo con papas is traditionally a breakfast dish, but I see no reason Either way, as soon as you mix the chorizo with the potatoes you will understand why this is such a popular dish in Mexico. Serve the crispy bits of spicy. Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Serve the tacos with the avocado and roasted tomatillo salsa, the onion, cilantro & lime juice relish, and cotija cheese with lime wedges on the side.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…