Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup.
You can have Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup
- Prepare 3 small of to medium white onions.
- You need 3 small of to medium red onions.
- Prepare 3 large of shallots.
- Prepare 6 small of salad potatoes in their skins.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of all purpose seasoning or to liking.
- Prepare 2 tsp of German mild mustard or 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard.
- You need 1 pinch of herbs each like parsley, coriander, dill, chervil or others to personal preference ( optional).
- Prepare 1 liter of vegetable stock or a little less or more depending on preference.
- It’s 125 ml of passata (Italian style tomato juice).
- You need 2 tbsp of of best tomato puree.
- Prepare 250 grams of marinated tofu or 2 German style sausages (bratwurst)very thinly sliced, or little, mini sausage meatballs.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Chili flakes.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt (optional).
- You need 1 pinch of chives for garnish.
- You need 6 tbsp of fresh cream or double cream for garnish ( optional).
Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup instructions
- First peel all the onions and wash the potatoes.
- Mince the onions in a blender or hand chop them very finely, chop your unpeeled potatoes into very small cubes.
- Sauté the onions and the potatoes for about ten minutes or so in the butter and olive oil , add all the seasonings and half of the stock, simmer for about 15 minutes , make sure that it not burns .add a little more stock if needed..
- Next puree the soup until it is smoother , add as little or as much of the rest of the stock until preferred thickness is achieved. Puree again until it is smooth as you like it.
- Add the passata, tomato puree and chilli flakes , season with salt if needed..
- Sauté the tofu or fry the sausages or little mini sausage meatballs in a little oil. If using the sausages slice them very thinly , sprinkle any of them over the soup just before serving. Add some chives for garnish ..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…