Tex Mex One Pan Mexican Quinoa.
You can cook Tex Mex One Pan Mexican Quinoa using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tex Mex One Pan Mexican Quinoa
- You need 4 of chicken tenderloins (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can kidney beans, drained and rinsed or black beans.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of can diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- It’s 1 cup of corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Kosher salt and black pepper.
- You need 1 of avocado halved, peeled and diced.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
Tex Mex One Pan Mexican Quinoa step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute..
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes with green chilies, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in avocado, lime juice, parsley or cilantro..
- In a medium pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil and place chicken and season with salt and pepper and cook until juices run clear and are browned on both sides..
- In a bowl add quinoa and and all the fixings. You can either shred your chicken or leave whole. Garnish with sour cream, green onions and parsley. Serve immediately..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…