Omi's Beef Rouladen!.
You can cook Omi's Beef Rouladen! using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Omi's Beef Rouladen!
- Prepare 6 of thin sliced london broil or top round (Ask Butcher for Rouladen).
- Prepare 2 Packages of lean bacon diced.
- Prepare 1 jar of dill pickels diced.
- You need 2 of medium onions diced.
- You need of German Mustard or Mustard you like.
- It’s 6 of Garlic cloves minced (optional).
- You need 2 boxes of beef broth.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of beef bullion cube (optional).
- It’s 1 of bay leaf (optional).
- You need 4 Tbsp of flour/corn starch, Mix with Water (thicken gravy).
Omi's Beef Rouladen! step by step
- Dice onion, pickles & bacon. Lay out the meat salt & pepper both sides, put a thin layer of mustard, onions, pickles & bacon. Roll the meat over trying to pull the meat on the sides into the roll. Secure with toothpicks & if needed secure the ends..
- Heat a little oil in a large pot. Brown all sides of the Rouladen. When the Rouladen is browned. Take them out & put them to the side. While you brown some onions & optional garlic in the same pot. (If you brown the onions with the Rouladen, the Rouladen won't brown the way you want.) Put Rouladen back in the pot with the browed onions. Then add beef broth with some water if needed. Do not cover the Rouladen with the broth. You can also use water with 1 beef bullion cube & bay leaf..
- Cook 1 1/2 hours in a covered pot. Checking and stirring occasionally. You might need extra water or broth..
- To make Gravy: Remove Rouladen and set aside. Strain the liquid into a smaller pot. Mix water & flour or corn starch together in a separate cup. Mix till smooth. Use to thicken your gravy. Slowly add the mixture to make the gravy. Mixing together till the constancy you want. The gravy will thicken as it cooks. Simmer 10 minutes or longer..
- You could have it with potato dumplings, Egg Noodles, Mashed Potatoes & a Veggie..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…