Chocolate Strawberry Roses.
You can cook Chocolate Strawberry Roses using 4 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Strawberry Roses
- It’s 16 oz of semi-sweet (56%) baking chocolate.
- You need 4 oz of german sweet (48%) baking chocolate.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Karo (light corn syrup).
- It’s 1 lb of strawberries.
Chocolate Strawberry Roses step by step
- Chop up the semi-sweet chocolate bar into thumb sized chunks, placing them into a microwave safe bowl..
- Microwave the chocolate in 30 second bursts, stiring the chocolate after each interval. (Pictured: after 30 second).
- It will take about 4 to 5, 30 second bursts. If there are still tiny lumps of chocolate, put the chocolate in the microwave for 5 seconds. Be careful not to burn the chocolate!!.
- Add the 1/2 cup corn syrup to your melted chocolate. Fold the mixture together until it becomes just firm. Dont over mix, or your chocolate will become oily and not hold its shape..
- Lump your chocolate onto some clingwrap and spread it out, covering all of the chocolate in cling wrap. Let it sit for about 4 hours at room tempurature, or in the fridge until hard. I always leave mine in the fridge over night. (I didnt take a picture until after mine had hardened).
- Once your chocolate is firm, unwrap it and start rolling up aome small chocolate balls. (These will leave a brown residue on everything they touch. Use parchment paper under them for easy cleanup.).
- Make sure to roll one of your balls into a worm. (This will become the center of your rose).
- Fold your parchment papper over the warm and use a rolling pin, or your fingers, to flatten it into a strip. (Doesnt have to be uniform at all).
- Roll half of your flattened worm up, and then cut off half of the rolled piece, leaving the other half attatched to the rest of your flattened worm. Set aside..
- Now make petals using nearly the same method. Take your chocolate balls and flatten them between parchment paper. (If you make them too thin they won't come off the parchment paper without self destructing).
- Now we melt out german sweet chcolate (48%) in a safe and shallow bowl for easy strawberry dipping..
- Dip your sttawberries in the chocolate, you can stab them with a fork at the bottom if you don't want to lick chocolate off your fingers..
- Now take the rolled up worm we made and stick the rolled up part on the top of the strawberry. Then curl the left over flap around the strawberry, so that it covers up whede the curled part connects to the strawberry. (Boyfriends handiwork ♡).
- Now ad on your petals. This is where you shape your rose. It is easy to put long petals on perpendicular to your rose. The more petals, the fuller your flower. Have fun messing around with them..
- Ad on more petals, letting them overlap for a more realistic look. Use a reference image if you want..
- These dont have to be perfect all. Most likely the first one you make will look a little.. eh. (My boyfriends first time making a rose).
- But after two or three it comes naturally. (Ive been making these forever).
- Repeat the proccess until you've used all of your strawberries! Make sure you let everyone make a rose..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…