Scrumptious steak fajitas. Home » Dinner » Mexican » Scrumptious Steak and Shrimp Fajita. I love the taste of surf and turf so this steak and shrimp fajita recipe is perfect. Place steak in tortilla and top with tomatoes, onions and peppers, lettuce and jalapeños if desired.
I decided to take on a favorite! Everyone kept asking how I make my fajitas so here we go! Skirt steak is the traditional cut used for fajitas It used to be inexpensive, but now it's not so cheap; oftentimes flank steak costs less Either will be a good choice. You can cook Scrumptious steak fajitas using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scrumptious steak fajitas
- It’s 1 1/2 lb. of Flank or skirt steak.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp. of Cumin powder.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Fresh lime juice.
- You need 1/4 Cup of plus 2 TBS. Olive oil.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, sliced.
- Prepare 3 of Red, yellow or green bell peppers, sliced.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño, diced (optional).
- Prepare 1 of tomato, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 C. of Cilantro, chopped.
- You need 6 of flour tortillas.
- It’s 1 C. of Iceberg lettuce, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon.
- You need of White sauce.
- Prepare 1 C. of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 C. of Sour cream.
- It’s 3 of green onions, diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño, diced (optional).
These simple steak fajitas are more than just good. This equation will help you understand why you need. Serve the steak fajitas with tortillas and lemon wedges on the side. Using tender flank steak, you can make an amazing and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love.
Scrumptious steak fajitas instructions
- Combine 2 teaspoons ground cumin, the chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Cut shallow crosshatch cuts into both sides of steak for entire length of steak..
- Rub spice mix all over both sides. Place in a ziploc bag..
- In a small bowl whisk lime zest, lime juice, 1/4 C. olive oil, Worcestershire, and half the garlic. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the marinade and pour the rest into the bag with the steak. Seal and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Massage every now and then to redistribute marinade..
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute 3-4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add in bell peppers and saute another 3 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium, add the remainder of garlic and cumin and salt to taste. Cook stirring often until peppers are soft and beginning to caramelize. 5-8 minutes..
- Pour in the 2 Tbsp. reserved marinade. Stir in half the cilantro. Salt to taste and remove from heat and keep warm..
- In a smoking hot dry pan blister tortillas on both sides. Place in an oven on very low heat to keep warm..
- Remove steak from ziplock bag and pat dry with paper towels. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Cut steak and work in batches if your skillet is not large enough. Cook steak to your liking. 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare..
- Remove to cutting board. Cover with foil and let sit 10 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin strips..
- Tip remaining juices from pan over cut steak, and sprinkle with remaining cilantro..
- Mix all white sauce ingredients together..
- Sprinkle juice of 1/2 lemon over sliced lettuce, add salt..
- Assemble fajitas. Place steak in tortilla and top with tomatoes, onions and peppers, lettuce and jalapeños if desired. Drizzle white sauce over top..
There's something about that sizzling platter of fajitas that always makes everyone's mouth water when it goes by the table at your favorite Mexican food spot. For a seriously satisfying dinner at home, look no further than this foolproof steak fajita recipe. Best Steak Fajitas. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These easy steak fajitas make an ideal weeknight dinner. Skirt steak gets juicy and tender in a marinade of lime juice and soy sauce, for a meal that can… Tender juicy skirt steak fajitas that are even better than your favorite Mexican joint.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…