Soft Spongy Vegetable Idli.
You can cook Soft Spongy Vegetable Idli using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soft Spongy Vegetable Idli
- You need 1 glass of Split black lentils:.
- Prepare 2 glasses of Idli rice:.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Rock salt:.
- You need of Oil for greasing.
- It’s of Water as required.
- You need pieces of Carrots diced into small.
- Prepare pieces of French beans cut into small.
Soft Spongy Vegetable Idli step by step
- Wash and soak idli rice and split black lentil separately in plenty of water for five to six hours..
- Wash soaked black lentil by rubbing in palms to remove the black husk. Keep draining the water with husk and repeat this process again until most of the husk is removed..
- Grind the lentil to a soft, smooth and fluffy batter in a mixer-grinder..
- Grind the rice to a slightly coarse consistency in a mixer-grinder.
- Mix both the batters well in a big container with your hand and let it ferment for 10 to 12 hours..
- Add rock salt in the batter and mix well..
- Prepare Idli maker by adding two cups of water in it and give a boil..
- Grease the idli moulds and Pour two tablespoons of batter in each mould..
- Add chopped veggies on it's top and gently press..
- When idli maker starts producing steam, place the prepared idli moulds in this idli maker and close it..
- Steam for 10 to 12 minutes..
- Turn off flame.Open the idli stand after giving a rest of five minutes and insert a knife in the centre of an idli to check whether idlis are cooked or not..
- When it's cooked let it rest of another two-three minutes before demoulding them..
- If you are in a hurry, pour water on the back side of the moulds before de moulding..
- De-mould idlis with a sharp spoon or knife..
- Serve hot with sambar and coconut chutney..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…