Gingerbread mousse (Lebkuchenmousse).
You can cook Gingerbread mousse (Lebkuchenmousse) using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gingerbread mousse (Lebkuchenmousse)
- You need 3 packages of Lebkuchen (about 24-30 pieces).
- You need 1 jar (680 ml) of pickled morello cherries (Schattenmorellen).
- Prepare 500 ml of cream (30 % fat).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of rum or cherry brandy (or liquid from pickled cherries).
Gingerbread mousse (Lebkuchenmousse) step by step
- Please take the gingerbread/Lebkuchen out of their package three days in advance (!) and let them dry or take left over Lebkuchen. Break them into pieces and put in a bowl..
- Sprinkle them with rum or cherry brandy or with three tbsp of the liquid of the pickled cherries for a non-alcoholic version, let sit for a moment. In the mean time drain liquid from the pickled cherries (it is very yummy if you like to drink it). Mingle cherries with the soaked crumbs and let sit for a while..
- Whip cream until it forms peaks and scramble with the crumble-cherry-mix. Stir until it forms a homogenous mixture. This might take a while but you can pause and the the cream be soaked up by the crumbles..
- This might take a while but you can pause and the the cream be soaked up by the crumbles. Decorate with chocolate sprinkles and put in the fridge until you serve it. Enjoy!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…