Zopf/ Swedish bread.
You can have Zopf/ Swedish bread using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zopf/ Swedish bread
- Prepare of dough.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of low fat milk, warmed to 100 degrees.
- You need 1 packages of rapid rise yeast.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 3 3/4 cup of bread flour.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 2 1/4 tbsp of salted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 1 of egg white reserved from yolk.
Zopf/ Swedish bread step by step
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk and sugar in small bowl. Proof several minutes..
- In a large mixing bowl with dough hook attachment add egg yolk, butter, and flour, proofed yeast in milk..
- Blend on low for 2 minutes..
- Continue to beat on low speed for 6 minutes. This simulates kneading..
- On lightly floured surface , divide the dough into three equal pieces..
- Roll each section into a 16" rope..
- Braid pieces together and place on greased cooking tray..
- Cover with a damp cloth and let the dough rise for 1 hour. It should double in size. It is important at this step to keep dough in a warm area..
- Now preheat oven to 425°F. Beat egg white and brush over dough. Bake 20-25minutes or until a lovely golden brown..
- Enjoy this bread warm out off the oven!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…