You can have Omi's Lebkuchen using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Omi's Lebkuchen
- You need 600 grams of Flour.
- It’s 120 grams of Treacle sugar.
- It’s 120 grams of Butter.
- It’s 120 grams of Blackcurrant jam.
- You need 120 grams of Honey.
- You need 3 tbsp of Lebkuchen spice.
- You need 1 grams of Cloves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cocoa.
- Prepare 50 grams of Cooking chocolate.
- It’s 1 of Orange(rind & juice).
- You need 1 of Lemon (rind & juice).
- It’s 1 of packet Baking powder.
- It’s 2 of Egg yolks.
- You need 1 of Icing.
- You need 2 tbsp of Rum.
- Prepare 2 of Egg Whites.
- You need 200 grams of Icing Sugar.
Omi's Lebkuchen instructions
- Melt chocolate and butter, add all wet ingredients..
- In a bowl place all dry ingredients, add wet ingredients, mix then knead together..
- Rest dough for 24 hours.
- Roll out into 5mm thickness. Create cookies..
- Bake at 180°F celcius for 15min.
- Mix rum, egg whites and icing sugar into liquid paste to ice the biscuits. Use different colourants to add colour, decorate with sprinkles..
- In dry climates, one can let the biscuits mature (soften) over a week or two, by placing them in an air tight container with a quartered apple. (See picture). Replace apple quarters as they dry..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…