French Apple Pie.
You can have French Apple Pie using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French Apple Pie
- Prepare of Puff pastry:.
- You need 60 grams of Strong bread flour.
- It’s 60 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 100 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 grams of Salt.
- You need 60 of to 75ml Water.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- Prepare 2 small of Apple.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of from 4 to 6 tablespoons Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg ( optional ).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Finely crushed biscuits.
French Apple Pie step by step
- Make the puff pastry in advance referring to. Preheat the oven to 230°C. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144311-rapid-mille-feuille-feuilletage-rapide.
- Filling: Remove the skin and core of the apples. Cut one apple into 8 pieces and then cut into small slices..
- Cut the other apple into 8 pieces as well. Then slice into 2 to 3 mm quarter rounds..
- Put all ingredients except for the nutmeg in a pan and heat up. Make sure not to burn the ingredients, and simmer until the liquids boils down. Then take the pan off the heat and let it cool down..
- Shape: Cut the puff pastry into two to make the bottom part and the cover of the pie. Cut the bottom piece of puff pastry to be a little bit bigger than the other half..
- When rolling out the puff pastry, dust the working board with flour while rolling out, but make sure not to dust too much..
- Roll out the bottom part puff pastry first. Place the puff pastry on the working board with the cut ends facing up. Roll it out until it is 3 mm thickness and about 10×25 cm long..
- After rolling out the puff pastry, place it on a baking sheet. Poke holes to the whole surface using a fork..
- Next, roll out the puff pastry for the cover. Place the puff pastry on the working board with the cut ends facing up . Roll it out until it is 2 mm thickness and 12×25 cm long..
- Dust the surface of the puff pastry with flour after rolling out. Fold into half vertically and make cuts in 1 cm increments..
- [ Cover the filling ] Sprinkle biscuits on the middle part of the bottom puff pastry. Put the apple filling on the puff pastry in a mound. Spread beaten egg on the ends of the puff pastry..
- Unfold the puff pastry for the cover from step 10 and cover the apple filling. Shape the apple filling using something like a rolling pin..
- Final Shaping: Leave about 2 cm length on all sides of the pie, and cut the rest of the edges off nicely..
- Roll out the remaining puff pastry you cut off into the same length with the pie. Cut off the edges to shape it nicely and let it be the same size with the sides of the pie. Then, spread egg on the sides of the pie and place the puff pastry on..
- Brush egg on the whole surface of the pie. Try not to brush the egg on the cuts, so that it will have nice layers..
- Put it in the oven and bake in 230°C for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 200°C and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes. Bake until the pie gets a nice golden brown color. Then it is ready..
- The biscuits are to absorb the moisture coming out of the apple, so you can use either cookies, crackers or panko..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…