Kartoffelpuffer / Potato pancake. Delightfully crispy and flavorful, these authentic German potato pancakes, Kartoffelpuffer, are fun to make and even more delicious to eat! Potato Pancakes Recipe by Pasquale Sciarappa. "These potato pancakes come together quickly and fry up crisp and delicious. Once drained on paper towels, place the kartoffelpuffer on a cooling rack over a baking sheet and keep warm in an.
Kartoffelpuffer – German Potato Pancakes from Mashed Potatoes & More Thanksgiving leftover recipe Ideas from Cosmopolitan Cornbread. This German Potato Pancake Recipe, aka Kartoffelpuffer, originated in my kitchen after I had scraped my knuckles grating potatoes. Everyone loved the pancakes, but I had to find easier (and safer). You can have Kartoffelpuffer / Potato pancake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kartoffelpuffer / Potato pancake
- It’s 1/5 kg of potatoes (peeled, and grated).
- It’s 1 of onion (can be grated, or finely chopped).
- You need 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1/5 tsp of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Muskatnuss.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 100 gr of smoke salmon.
German potato pancakes are a restaurant staple, a homemade classic, and a popular street food Kartoffelpuffers are traditionally accompanied by creamy applesauce, fruit preserves, or sour cream. How to Make KARTOFFELPUFFER ( Potato Pancakes ). Drain off any liquid in potatoes after grating. Add egg, grated onion, flour and sea salt.
Kartoffelpuffer / Potato pancake instructions
- Place the grated potato in a bowl, and squeeze out the liquid.
- Add the egg, corn starch, onion, chicken stock, Muskatnuss, black pepper, and salt.
- Mix them well.
- Heat some oil in the pan.
- Using a table spoon, place the mixture in to the pan, and flatten into pancakes with the back side of the spoon.
- Fry it on both side until the color turn into golden brown.
- Set it aside.
- For Dip: 50 gr cream cheese 2 tbsp Greek yogurt 1 tbsp chopped rucola Salt, and black pepper Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Check the video how did I make this recipe on my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/u9nQ2Ud59Dc.
According to my daughters, potato pancakes (Kartoffelpuffer) are the BOMB. After digging through my stack of German Cookbooks (Heimathäppchen. Kartoffelpuffer – Potato Pancakes Recipe is a real treat. The potato pancakes are so yummy that you would think that making them is a. German Potato Pancakes (Kartoffelpuffer) are savory shredded potatoes shaped into a flattened small dumpling-like pancake.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…