French Silk Pie.
You can cook French Silk Pie using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French Silk Pie
- Prepare 1 sheet of refrigerated pie pastry or one you prepared yourself.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 3/4 oz of unsweetened chocolate, 1/4 ounce semisweet chocolate melted together.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Butter, softened.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of Confectioner sugar.
- It’s 1 of Whipped cream and chocolate curls (optional).
French Silk Pie step by step
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage one half for another day. On a lightly floured surface, roll out out remaining half into an 8 inch circle. Tranfer to a 7inch pie plate; flute edges..
- Line shell with a double thickness foil. Bake at 450° F for 4 minutes. Romove foil. Bake 2 minutes longer. Cool on wire rack..
- In a small sauce pan, combine sugar and eggs until blended well. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160° F and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract and the melted chocolate until smooth. Cool to lukewarm (90°F), stirring occasionally..
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add cooled chocolate mixture; beat on high speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffly.
- In another large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioner sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture..
- Pour into crust. Chill for at least 6 hours. A whole day is preferred. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…