California Farm French Fried Potatoes.
You can have California Farm French Fried Potatoes using 2 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of California Farm French Fried Potatoes
- Prepare 4 of Idaho potatoes, 1/2 pound each, about 25 cents a piece.
- You need 1 pound of Lard, $2, of which 95% is filtered afterwards and can be reused, 10 cents per dinner for two.
California Farm French Fried Potatoes step by step
- Soak potatoes in cold water, scrub.
- Cut potato in half.
- Cut halves in half.
- Slice in half lenghtwise, and slice in half again.
- Your french fries are now serving size, half inch square.
- Rinse or Soak in cold water to get the starch out, dry on towel.
- Melt lard to 373 degrees on medium heat, in wok.
- Smoke point of lard is 375 F, drop fries in when 373F to lower temperature.
- One potato, five minutes.
- Drain on paper towel. Taste. Add salt if desired..
- Two potatoes, frying time is double.
- Ten minutes for two potatoes.
- Fliter lard through paper towel into metal can.
- Save in fridge, I used one tablespoon lard to make this dinner, rest can be reused..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…