Mexican Stew with Fullblood Wagyu Beef.
You can have Mexican Stew with Fullblood Wagyu Beef using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Stew with Fullblood Wagyu Beef
- You need 1 PACKAGE of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Beef for Stewing.
- You need 2 QT of Beef Stock.
- You need 3 of Dried Ancho Chiles.
- It’s 2 of Dried Guajillo Chiles.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil.
- You need 5 of Tomatillos (husks removed).
- You need 1/2 CUP of Cilantro Stems.
- You need 6 Slices of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Beef Bacon (cut into 1/2 inch pieces).
- Prepare 20 OZ of Fire Roasted Tomatoes.
- You need 3 of Yukon Gold Potatoes (medium diced).
- Prepare 2 of Large Carrots (medium diced).
- You need 1 of Large Yellow Onion (small diced).
- It’s 2 of Poblano Peppers (medium diced).
- Prepare 12 OZ of Lager Style Beer (chef recommends Modelo Especial).
- It’s 2 TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- You need 5 of Garlic Cloves (minced).
- You need 14 OZ of Hominy.
- You need of Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to season).
- You need of Garnishes.
- Prepare 1 of Avocado (sliced).
- You need 2 of Jalapeños (cut into rings).
- It’s 4 OZ of Sour Cream.
- It’s Leaves of Cilantro.
Mexican Stew with Fullblood Wagyu Beef step by step
- PREPARING THE CHILES Place the beef stock in a large sauce pot. Bring to a boil. Add in the dried ancho and guajillo chiles, and let them soften for 30 minutes.
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU BEEF AND VEGETABLES In the meantime, heat a large Dutch oven with 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil. Brown the Fullblood Wagyu beef bacon in the Dutch oven, while stirring constantly. Once browned, remove the bacon from the Dutch oven (leave the bacon fat). Add in the tomatillos, and cook for 5 minutes until browned and blistered. Then, remove them, and place them in a blend-er..
- Season the Fullblood Wagyu beef for stewing with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the beef in the Dutch oven. Sear the beef in the Dutch oven until browned. Once the Fullblood Wagyu beef has browned, add in the carrots, yellow onions, and potatoes. Sauté the vegetables and beef for 5 minutes.Then, deglaze the Dutch oven with the beer, while scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to get up the bits. Add in the minced garlic, and turn the heat to low..
- PREPARING THE CHILES, TOMATILLOS, AND CILANTRO MIXTURE Grab the blender with the browned tomatillos in it.Add the softened chiles and beef stock to the blender.Then, add the apple cider vinegar and cilantro stems to the blender. Purée the mixture, and add it into the Dutch oven (with the beef and vegetables) once blended.
- FINAL STEPS Add the fire roasted tomatoes to the Dutch oven.Season the ingredients in the Dutch oven with 2 teaspoons of kosher salt. Cook on low for 3 hours (Please note: This can be transferred to a crock pot and cooked on low for 4 hours if you prefer). Add in the diced poblano peppers and hominy to finish. Serve warm, and garnish with sliced avocado, cilantro leaves, rings of jalapeño, and a dollop of sour cream.Enjoy!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…