A French Restaurant's Steak Sauce.
You can have A French Restaurant's Steak Sauce using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of A French Restaurant's Steak Sauce
- You need 1 of bottle Red wine (full bodied).
- You need 1 medium of Onion.
- It’s 1 small of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 stalk of Celery.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil (for sautéing).
- Prepare 20 grams of Honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- You need 20 grams of Butter.
- You need 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of per person Beef for steaks, side vegetables.
A French Restaurant's Steak Sauce step by step
- Sauté the vegetables, add the wine and simmer and reduce. Then strain the sauce, simmer to reduce as much sauce as you need when cooking the steak. Taste and adjust the seasoning..
- Cut the vegetables and garlic into about 1 cm dice (take the celery leaves off and reserve for later)..
- Put the vegetable oil in a pan and sauté the vegetables until they have browned (this takes about 20 minutes over low-medium heat)..
- When the vegetables have browned nicely, add the tomato paste and mix with the vegetables..
- Add the red wine, and simmer to reduce (about 40 minutes at a gentle boil)..
- Add the celery leaves here for fragrance..
- When the red wine has reduced to about 1/4 of its original volume, skim off the scum..
- Add the honey..
- Strain the sauce through a sieve, and it's done..
- Brown the steak over medium-high heat on both sides..
- Rest the steak on a rack. When the surface is lukewarm, pan fry the steak again over low-medium heat for about a minute. Rest the meat again on a rack. Repeat this 2-3 times..
- Prepare the side vegetables..
- Sauté them in the same frying pan as the steak. Cook the steak to your desired degree of doneness..
- Take the vegetables out. Put the steak on the rack again. (This will make the meat retain its juices!).
- Spread some oil in a frying pan, and add the completed sauce from Step 9. Bring to a boil, add the butter, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning..
- Put the steak and vegetables on a plate, pour the sauce on the front side of the steak and serve (I added some mashed potatoes and watercress)..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…