German chocolate cake. German chocolate cake, originally German's chocolate cake, is a layered chocolate cake filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. A decadent German Chocolate Cake Recipe, made with an extra moist and fudgy chocolate cake, a rich caramel/coconut frosting, and iced with a sweet and. This ultimate recipe for German Chocolate Cake uses a moderate amount of semisweet or bittersweet.
A spectacular German Chocolate cake made from scratch, using cake flour. This upside-down version of German chocolate cake is both quicker and easier then the traditional right side-up cake. Truly though, this easy German Chocolate Cake is one of those desserts that's so good it should become a tradition in your home for a yearly holiday like a birthday, Easter or Mother's Day. You can cook German chocolate cake using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German chocolate cake
- Prepare of cake.
- It’s 4 oz of German sweet chocolate.
- You need 1/2 cup of water, boiling.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks.
- It’s 12 oz of cake flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 4 of egg whites, beaten stiff.
- Prepare of frosting.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of coconut flakes.
- You need 1 cup of pecans, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
I have long associated German Chocolate Cake with Father's Day, although I'm not entirely sure why. I think I remember my mom making it for my dad once or twice growing up (although never on. The chocolate cake layers are then filled with the iconic German chocolate cake filling made with toasted coconut and pecans. The classic coconut custard filling is super easy to make!
German chocolate cake instructions
- Melt chocolate in boiling water,set aside. Cream butter and sugar, add yolks and beat well. Blend in vanilla and chocolate..
- Sift flour, salt and soda. Add to butter mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Fold in beaten egg whites..
- Bake in 3 floured pans @350° for 35-40 minutes..
- Cream butter and sugar, add yolks and milk. Cook over medium heat about 12 min. stirring, until thick. remove from heat and add pecans, coconut,and vanilla..
This classic German Chocolate Cake combines rich chocolate cake layers with a sweet coconut German Chocolate Cake was actually named after American baker Samuel German, who worked for. According to my husband, this is the best German chocolate cake recipe in the whole world. Every bite has a light crunch from the pecans, a sweet taste of coconut and a drizzle of chocolate. This is the only German Chocolate Cake recipe you'll ever need! This homemade cake features layers of moist chocolate cake and a delicious coconut pecan frosting.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…