German potato salad. I have been eating German Potato Salad almost all my many, many years. I've cooked many German Potato salads myself. I cooked this one today and my spouse and guests raved about it.
Unlike other side dishes, this one will get tore up guaranteed! German Potato Salad is a traditional potato side dish originating in Southern Germany. In Northern Germany, the dish is different and more similar to an American style potato salad with mayonnaise. You can cook German potato salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German potato salad
- It’s 4 lb of red potatoes presliced thin 1/8 inch thick.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of baslamic vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 large of onion sliced thin 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of green papaya powder /dry mustard powder.
- You need 1/3 lb of bacon chopped.
- You need 1 of water to boil potatoes.
Toss Yukon gold potatoes with Dijon mustard, vinegar, thick-cut bacon, chives and seasoning for this classic German Potato Salad recipe from Food Network. For German potato salad, sliced potatoes are tossed with bacon, sautéed onions, fresh herbs, and a mustardy white wine dressing. It's a nice change-up from the classic mayonnaise-based version, and. My German Potato Salad is made with vinegar, bacon, and onion and can be served warm or cold.
German potato salad step by step
- put potatoes in a pan cover with water boil till done but still firm if red potatoes leave skins on drain put aside.
- put bacon in pan fry half done add onions stir till slightly brown add balsamic vinegar to deglaze pan add salt green papaya powder or dry mustard powder I substituted because I didn't have mustard powder..
- add vinegar water take 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar add cornstarch mix well when vinegar water sugar mixture boil add cornstarch mixed with apple cider vinegar..
- add potatoes and stir cornstarch mixture will thicken everything.
Potatoes – The potatoes you can get in Germany are different from North American potatoes. Hot red potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite. I can taste the pucker now. German Potato Salad with Cervelat Wurst, Red Onion and Mustard Seed. While doing research and collecting an overwhelming number of recipes for this post about German Style Potato Salad.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…