Authentic French Crepe Batter.
You can cook Authentic French Crepe Batter using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Authentic French Crepe Batter
- Prepare 800 ml of Bread (strong) flour.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 800 ml of Milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of Melted butter (or margarine).
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
Authentic French Crepe Batter step by step
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl..
- Add 300 ml milk and the eggs and mix well until no longer lumpy..
- The resulting mixture should be quite thick and sticky..
- Add the rest of the milk 100 ml at a time, mixing it in thoroughly each time..
- Melt the butter in a microwave and drizzle it into the mixture while stirring. If you strain the mixture once before adding the butter, it will turn out even better..
- Cover the batter in cling film and leave it to sit for 30 minutes. I tend to leave it overnight if I can..
- Grease a frying pan or an electric griddle with a very thin layer of oil and cook the crepes on low-medium heat. When the edges have browned a bit and are coming up from the pan, flip the crepe over and cook it for a further 5 seconds before transferring it to a plate..
- Chill the crepes well and eat them for dessert!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…