German chocolate cheesecake. This German Chocolate Cheesecake is so delicious! It's a gooey, rich and wonderful chocolate cheesecake with. A cake/cheesecake combination from Taste of Home with a most delicious frosting.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Make the cheesecake: Fill a roasting pan halfway with water and set on the lower oven rack. German Chocolate Cake – the original recipe behind the inspiration for this one! You can have German chocolate cheesecake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German chocolate cheesecake
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- It’s 1 packages of German chocolate cake mix.
- It’s 2 packages of cream cheese, sftened.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s of Frosting.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttered, cubef.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of flaked coconut.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pecans.
Classic chocolate cake with coconut pecan filling and chocolate buttercream! This German Chocolate Cheesecake is show stopping Christmas worthy! I've also included very detailed instructions so even if you have never made a cheesecake before, it will turn out PERFECT. Want to try this GERMAN CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE Recipe?
German chocolate cheesecake instructions
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, set aside. In a small bowl beat cream cheese & sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed until combined..
- Pour half of the cake batter into a greased 13in X 9in in baking dish. Gently pour cream cheese mixture over batter. Gently spoon remaining batter over top; spread to edge of pan..
- Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes iut clean. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour..
- For frosting, in a heavy saucepan combine the.sugar, milk, butter and egg yolks, cook and stir over med-low heat until thickened and a thermometer reads 160° ir us thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon..
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla, fold in coconut and pecans. Cool until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cooled cake..
- Refrigerate leftovers..
Pin it to your CHEESECAKE, DESSERT, OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later! German chocolate cake, or, in this case, cheesecake, has nothing to do with Germany. In fact, this cake is named after an American chocolate maker, Samuel German. Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan. German Chocolate Cheesecake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…