Ground Elk Tacos.
You can have Ground Elk Tacos using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ground Elk Tacos
- Prepare 1 lb of ground elk.
- It’s 2 of white onions, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of limes.
- It’s of cotija or queso fresco, crumbled.
- It’s 10-15 of corn tortillas.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, sliced.
- It’s 3 of Roma tomatoes, cored and chopped (optional).
- You need 1 of spicy pepper (fresno, serrano, habanero or jalapeño), chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of all spice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground coriander.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of water (or more if needed).
Ground Elk Tacos instructions
- Create the spice blend. Add garlic, 1/2 of the chopped spicy pepper, cumin, all spice, chili powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, coriander, half the cilantro, and vegetable oil to a mortar and pestle (or food processor). Grind to a paste..
- Combine 1.5 white onions (chopped), Roma tomatoes (optional) and the rest of the chopped cilantro, the juice of one lime and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside..
- Cook the remaining half onion and the ground elk until browned and cooked through (about 8 minutes). Add the other half of the chopped spicy pepper and cook another 2 minutes. Add the spice paste from step 1 and two tablespoons of water, mix thoroughly and cook another 3-5 minutes. Add more water if needed to get desired consistency..
- Serve meat on warmed corn tortillas, top with onion salsa, crumbled cheese and your choice of hot sauce. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with a slice of lime..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…