German Butter Cookies.
You can cook German Butter Cookies using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Butter Cookies
- It’s 110 g of unsalted butter, room temp.
- Prepare 45 g of powdered or icing sugar, sifted.
- Prepare 120 g of all-purpose flour, sifted.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder, sifted.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of matcha green tea powder, sifted.
German Butter Cookies instructions
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sifted sugar with a hand mixer until well combined for 2 minutes. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl with a silicone spatula as needed..
- Add the sifted flour and salt. Mix just until combined..
- Weigh and divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Wrap the first piece (the plain flavor). Chill it in the fridge until it becomes less sticky and easier to handle. Skip the chilling if your dough feels just fine..
- For the second piece, add in sifted matcha powder. Mix just until combined. Wrap and chill in the fridge..
- For the third piece, add in sifted cocoa powder. Mix just until combined. Wrap and chill in the fridge..
- Take out the first chilled dough. Divide it into small pieces weighing 6 grams each. Repeat with the other two dough..
- Roll each into a ball and place them on a tray lined with parchment paper. Place two balls next to each other. Leave about 1.5" (4 cm) gap between each set..
- Coat a fork with flour to prevent sticking. Then press the fork onto each set to make indentation. This will flatten the balls a little bit..
- Cover with another tray and chill in the fridge for 1 hour. This will prevent the cookies to spread too much while baking..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F or 150°C for about 30 minutes. Enjoy the little cookies..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…