Sig's German Beans and Asparagus in Jackets.
You can have Sig's German Beans and Asparagus in Jackets using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's German Beans and Asparagus in Jackets
- Prepare 500 grams of fresh trimmed green beans.
- You need 500 grams of trimmed to half size asparagus with tips.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of pepper.
- It’s 6 of eggs, separated, whites whisked to peak.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 cup of oil (enough for the beans and asparagus to swim).
- It’s 1 of medium to large length of kitchen string.
Sig's German Beans and Asparagus in Jackets step by step
- Wash and trim beans and asparagus, tie. 4-6 beans in middle with string and do the same with asparagus.Set to boiling salted water for about 5 minutes, drain well..
- Separate the eggs, whisk the egg white to a peak and make a smooth batter out of egg yolk salt, pepper and flour, gently lift the egg white under. Dip the bundles of asparagus and beans into the batter and float in the hot oil until they are golden brown turning them once. I leave the strings long as they are easier to turn in batter, pan and removal out of pan..
- Serve with slices of lemon. Make sure you carefully remove the string before serving by cutting beans and asparagus in the middle where the string is. Best with a cold beer as a snack.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…