French Onion Egg Rolls.
You can have French Onion Egg Rolls using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French Onion Egg Rolls
- Prepare 6 of Egg Roll Wrappers.
- You need 1 cup of Shredded Provolone Cheese.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Canola Oil.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 1 of Thin-Sliced Yellow Onion.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 1 cup of Low-Sodium Beef Stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
French Onion Egg Rolls step by step
- In a medium saucepan, heat extra virgin olive oil over low heat. Add sliced onions, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat, cover, and cook over low heat for 30 minutes..
- Stir cooked, softened onions and add beef stock. Increase heat to medium, cover, and cook for 10 minutes..
- Stir onion and stock mixture and increase heat to high. Add butter and stir continuously. Cook until liquid is almost completely evaporated (about 5 minutes). Should produce soft, brown onions with a glossy sauce..
- Transfer cooked onions to a smaller bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour..
- Preheat broiler to high..
- Remove cooled onions from refrigerator. Following the egg roll directions on the packaging, spoon equal portions of the onion mixture into each egg roll wrapper and roll them tightly. Make sure to moisten the corners to seal them..
- Pan fry the egg rolls in the skillet 3 at a time for about 2 minutes on each side or until brown and crispy. Transfer each cooked egg roll to a baking dish..
- Top egg rolls with shredded cheese and broil in broiler about 2-3 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…