You can have Chicken Fajitas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of large garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of ground chili (adjust to your desired spice preference).
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro (optional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb (650 grams) of chicken thighs, skinless and boneless.
- Prepare 3 of large bell peppers (or capsicums), cut into strips (I use green, red and yellow).
- It’s 1 of onion thinly sliced.
Chicken Fajitas instructions
- Slice chicken into strips.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili and cilantro; mix together. Add the chicken and If time allows, let marinate for 30 minutes..
- Heat a large skillet or pan (12-inch | 30cm) on medium-high heat until smoking. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden, charred and cooked right through. Cook for about 8 minutes. Flip them a couple of times while cooking so they get a nice even char..
- Transfer chicken to a warm plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest.
- Cut peppers and onions into strips.
- Add the peppers and onions to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed), and cook until the onion is soft and the peppers are slightly charred and cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add chicken strips and cook for about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve with warmed tortillas, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…