FRENCH COUNTRY BEEF STEW. In France, this classic stew made with beef, vegetables and red wine would be known as a daube. Slow-cooking the surprisingly lean beef shanks melts and softens the connective tissue, producing succulent results. Try this French Country stew recipe with fork-tender beef Stew Meat, potatoes, asparagus, and mushrooms.
Cook until beef is brown and onion is tender. Stir in wine, scraping until the brown bits are dissolved. Return all beef to Dutch oven. You can cook FRENCH COUNTRY BEEF STEW using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of FRENCH COUNTRY BEEF STEW
- You need 2 lb of beef or lamb.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brandy.
- You need 6 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of parsley.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 3 large of bay leaf.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 medium of carrots sliced.
- Prepare 28 oz of can whole tomatoes squished in hand keep the juices to add also.
- Prepare 1 lb of mushrooms I used king oyster mushrooms thats what I hade but use your favorite.
- Prepare 2 medium of onion sliced thinly.
- Prepare 1/4 of peeling of medium orange.
Slow-cooking intensifies the flavor in this beef-bean-and-vegetable stew. This amazing French beef stew gets it's incredible flavor from bacon, garlic, and wine, plus a two-step cooking process. Should I mention how easy this beef stew recipe is? It's one of the reasons it makes such a great entertaining meal, but I think I'm just going to emphasize the bacon, the wine, the.
FRENCH COUNTRY BEEF STEW step by step
- In a bowl combine 1/2 cup brandy, beef, 2 tablespoons oil, parsley, salt, thyme, pepper, bay leaves. Coat meat completely.
- Cover bowl; refrigerate 2 hours, stirring occasionally. After 2 hours, drain meat, reserving marinade..
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of oil, add meat, a few pieces at a time. Brown on all sides..
- Add tomatoes and juices, onions, orange peel, reserved marinade. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer (covered) for 1 hour..
- If you cannot use alcohol make a simple syrup and heat it and then steep some chopped raisins or dates in it for an hour or two, and then use some liquid from that instead of the brandy. That way you're adding some flavor, but without the alcohol. Much like the other suggestions, it won't be exactly the same as adding brandy or other liquor, though..
The french beef stew called "boeuf carrotes" is a classic French recipe that is really worth trying. Pieces of beef stewed with onion shallots, tomato, paste,white wine and a and good amount of fresh carrots. Reviews for Photos of French Beef Stew. Slow Cooker Country French Beef Stew Recipe Bettycrocker Com. Beef Bourguignon French Country Stew Stock Photo Download Image.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…