Grilled Wagyu Hanger Steak Marinated in Harissa Paste.
You can cook Grilled Wagyu Hanger Steak Marinated in Harissa Paste using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Wagyu Hanger Steak Marinated in Harissa Paste
- It’s 1 of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Hanger Steak.
- You need of Harissa Paste.
- You need 1 of Medium Roasted Red Bell Pepper (You can use a pre-made roasted pepper, or you can blacken a red bell pepper over a flame. Continue reading for instructions).
- You need 2 OZ of Dried Guajillo Chiles (stemmed and seeded).
- It’s 2 OZ of Dried New Mexico Chiles (stemmed and seeded).
- You need 1/4 TSP of Caraway Seeds.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of Coriander Seeds.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of Cumin Seeds.
- It’s 1 TBSP of Cilantro Stems.
- You need 3 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil.
- You need 2 1/2 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- You need 6 of Garlic Cloves (minced).
- Prepare 1/4 CUP of Fresh Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 2 TSP of Sherry Vinegar.
- It’s of Cilantro Macadamia Nut Pesto.
- Prepare 1 Bunch of Cilantro (chopped with stems included).
- Prepare 6 OZ of Macadamia Nuts (toasted).
- It’s 2 of Garlic Cloves (minced fine).
- You need 4 OZ of Parmesan Cheese.
- You need of Grapeseed Oil.
- Prepare of Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
Grilled Wagyu Hanger Steak Marinated in Harissa Paste step by step
- PREPARING HARISSA PASTE Roast the red bell pepper over a gas flame, or on the BBQ, until blackened.Place in a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit for 10 minutes.Take out the red bell pepper, and use a paper towel to remove the blackened skin. Discard the stem and seeds, and cut the pepper into strips.Place Guajillo and New Mexico dried chiles into a medium bowl, cover with boiling water, and let sit until softened (for about 20 minutes)..
- Toast caraway seeds, coriander seeds, and cumin seeds in a sauté pan over medium heat. Toast spices, swirling skillet constantly, until very fragrant (about 10 minutes).Transfer spices to a spice grinder or mortar and pestle. Grind until fine.Drain water from chiles, and transfer them to a food processor.Add cilantro stems, roasted red bell pepper, ground spices, oil, salt, garlic, sherry vinegar, and lemon juice to the food processor..
- Purée ingredients, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the paste is very smooth. This should take about 2 minutes. The harissa paste can be made up to three days in advance in order to save time..
- PREPARING CILANTRO MACADAMIA NUT PESTO Toast the nuts until they are golden brown.Cut off the bottom 2 inches of the cilantro stems and discard. Chop up the remaining cilantro leaves and stems.In a food processor, add the cilantro, parmesan cheese, and macadamia nuts. Pulse until well blended.Keep the food processor running, and drizzle in grapeseed oil until a smooth paste forms.Pulse in the garlic, and season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper..
- COOKING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU HANGER STEAK Place Fullblood Wagyu hanger steak in a Ziplock bag. Spoon 1/2 to 3/4 cup harissa paste into the bag, coating the hanger steak well. Massage the harissa paste (marinade) into the meat.Let the steak sit in the marinade at room temperature for 1 hour.Grill the marinated steak over direct, high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare to medium doneness..
- Let the grilled hanger steak rest for 5 minutes.Slice the steak across the grain, and serve with the cilantro macadamia nut pesto. Enjoy!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…