Spicy German Potato Muffins.
You can cook Spicy German Potato Muffins using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy German Potato Muffins
- It’s 1 large of Potatoes.
- It’s 2 of or 3 slices Bacon.
- It’s 1 of heaping 1/2 teaspoon Coarsely ground black pepper.
- Prepare 50 grams of Margarine (or butter).
- You need 25 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 120 grams of White flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 60 ml of Milk.
- You need 1 of heaping tablespoon Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of Powdered parsley (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
Spicy German Potato Muffins instructions
- Cut the potatoes into 1 cm cubes, soak in water, microwave for a minute, and let cool..
- Cut the bacon in half lengthwise, then cut into 7 mm pieces. Place on top of a paper towel and microwave for 1 minute. Lightly pat off the grease. Preheat the oven to 180°C..
- Add the margarine and sugar to a bowl and lightly mix together. Just mixing briskly is fine..
- Break the egg into the bowl from Step 2 and mix in..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and gently mix together..
- Then, add the milk and mayonnaise and mix together thoroughly. Put in the prepared potatoes and bacon, then add the black pepper and salt and mix all together..
- Place muffin papers in a muffin tray or cups (or you can grease the molds). Divide the mixture into 6 portions and fill the cups. Optionally, sprinkle dried parsley..
- Bake in the preheated 180°C oven for 30 minutes, until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Then they are finished!.
- Here's what they look like cut open..
- Note: If you sprinkle salt and pepper after microwaving the potatoes, they will become even spicier. Or you could cook the potatoes together with the bacon in a frying pan. (You don't need to microwave them if you do this)..
- Note 2: There are a lot of cases where the dried parsley burns, so it's fine if you mix it in with the batter. Of course, you don't need to add it at all..
- "Yumikoro" made these with curry powder, onions, and sausages. It looks so good!.
- If you replace the butter (margarine) with 40 g of olive oil, they still turn out really yummy. In this case, decrease the salt to 1/3 teaspoon..
- The top photo is the olive oil version..
- It has so much volume that it's good for a complete breakfast or even for lunch..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…