You can cook French Macarons using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of French Macarons
- You need 1 3/4 cup of Confection sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Almond flour.
- You need 3 large of Egg whites, room temperature.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cream of tartar.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of Superfine sugar, caster sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 8 oz of Chocolate chips.
- You need 1/2 cup of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Instant coffee.
- You need 1/2 stick of Vanilla bean.
French Macarons step by step
- Pre heat oven to 300°F, line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper/ silicone mats..
- Measure confection sugar and almond flour. Then whisk to combine..
- Sift the sugar almond mixture, little bit at a time, pass through sifter again..
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt with a mixer on medium speed until frothy..
- Then switch mixer to medium high and gradually add the superfine sugar to egg mixture. Beat until stiff and shiny should be soft peeks, about 5 min total.
- Transfer beaten egg whites to the bowl with the almond flour mixture. Fold everything together using rubber spatula about 15 strokes then add vanilla extract and vanilla bean. (you can add food coloring if you like) Continue folding for 2 minutes until batter is smooth and falls off the spatula in a thin ribbon..
- Transfer the batter to pastry bag or plastic bag cut the tip of one corner off. Try and pip small round even circles onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper..
- Bang pan 2 times on each of the four sides to release air bubbles. Then let cookies sit at room temp for 15 min to 1 hour (depending on humidity) until top off cookie is no longer sticky to the touch..
- Place in top rack of oven to bake for 20 minutes. After baking immediately transfer to cooling rack and repeat with other batches..
- To make chocolate ganache that goes in between cookies. Take your chocolate chips, heavy cream,and instant coffee and put in a glass or metal bowl over a pot of boiling water. Stir occasionally.
- Refrigerate for ganache to harden then serve and enjoy!!!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…