German Chocolate Cake.
You can have German Chocolate Cake using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- It’s 1 (4 oz) of Package baker's German sweet chocolate.
- You need 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- You need 1 cup of butter.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs, separated.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need of Frosting.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 4 of slightly beaten egg yolks.
- It’s 3/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded coconut.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans.
German Chocolate Cake step by step
- Melt chocolate with water, you can do this by combining ingredients and microwaving them in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals stirring in-between..
- Cream butter and sugar. Next beat in egg yolks..
- Stir in chocolate and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix in flour baking soda and salt..
- Beat in flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk..
- In a large bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form, fold into batter..
- Pour batter into a greased/nonstick 9×13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Oven temp: 350 degrees..
- While the cake is cooking in the oven, combine evaporated milk, sugar, slightly beaten egg yolks, butter or margarine, and vanilla in a saucepan. It should take about 20 minutes. Stir constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat..
- Stir in shredded coconut and chopped pecans. Cool until thick enough to spread. Makes 4-1/4 cups..
- Once everything is cool, frost cake and enjoy!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…