Brad's lobster, shrimp, beer mac n' cheese. This lobster & shrimp mac n cheese is FULL of lobster and shrimp. I definitely didn't skimp on the pieces and there's definitely some in every bite. Here is how you cook it.
Fold the cooked pasta, lobster and shrimp into the cheese sauce. Let mixture warm and flavors meld for a few minutes while stirring occasionally. I'm a huge fan oc shrimp pasta, but homemade lobster mac&cheese is yet on my list. You can cook Brad's lobster, shrimp, beer mac n' cheese using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's lobster, shrimp, beer mac n' cheese
- You need 12 Oz of pre cooked weight. lobster tails.
- You need 1 lb of 51-60 count shrimp.
- Prepare 1 pkg of small shell pasta.
- It’s 2 of shallots, chopped.
- You need 8 strips of good bacon, chopped.
- Prepare 32 Oz of pkg Velveeta cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar.
- You need 6 Oz of Belgian wit ale.
- Prepare of white pepper.
- You need of garlic powder.
- You need of chile infused olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need of garnish.
- Prepare of chopped dried chives.
- You need of parmesan, Romano cheese blend.
I've only tried lobster pasta at a restaurant, but I now homemade. This lobster & shrimp mac n cheese is FULL of lobster and shrimp. I definitely didn't skimp on the pieces and there's definitely some in every bite. The cheese I used was a Kerrygold Killaree cheddar cheese and I also used gruyere cheese.
Brad's lobster, shrimp, beer mac n' cheese instructions
- In a large pot of salted water, bring to a rolling boil. Add lobster and boil five minutes. A little longer if the tail is very large..
- In a frying pan, heat and add chopped bacon and shallots. Fry on med low until bacon is cooked and shallots are translucent. Do not cook until bacon is crispy..
- Remove to a plate and drain on paper towels. Reserve bacon grease..
- Remove lobster to a plate to cool. Reserve water. Skim off any fat from the lobster and discard..
- Bring water back to a boil. Add pasta. Cook until al dentè. Stir a few times. Drain and rinse pasta under hot water when done..
- When lobster can be handled, remove shell and chop or shred meat.
- Place Velveeta and ale in a pot. Chop Velveeta into small cubes. Melt over med low heat. Stir very often.
- Place peeled shrimp in the pan with the bacon drippings. Sprinkle with white pepper and garlic powder. Add I tbs chile infused olive oil. Saute over medium heat until just done. Drain..
- When cheese is melted, add the sharp cheddar and add milk, 1/4-1/2 cup, until cheese becomes smooth and creamy. Add the bacon and shallots. Fold in the lobster, shrimp, and pasta. Heat till everything is heated through..
- Plate and serve immediately. Garnish with chopped dry chives, and parmesan Romano blend..
Indulge in this decadent shrimp and lobster mac and cheese made with a rich, buttery roux and cream sauce and oniony cracker topping. After years of making basic mac and cheese, this version with shrimp and lobster is an indulgence worth making for those special to you. We needed to put this lobster mac n cheese in our lives. We had never had to go to the fancy cheese section of the grocery store. It was like a foreign land.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…