Asparagus and Cheese Risotto from Germany.
You can have Asparagus and Cheese Risotto from Germany using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asparagus and Cheese Risotto from Germany
- Prepare 1 of to 2 Asparagus.
- It’s 180 ml of Rice (uncooked rice or leftover cooked rice).
- It’s 100 ml of Milk.
- It’s 300 ml of White asparagus cooking liquid(or water).
- You need of If the cooking liquid is unavailable add 1 teaspoon of butter to the water..
- You need 1 tsp of Consommé (beef stock) cube.
- It’s 2 slice of Cheese (non-melting sliced), powdered cheese or pizza cheese.
- It’s 1 of Salt, pepper and parsley.
- It’s 1 of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion and 2 slices of ham **In the top photo**.
- Prepare 1 small of sausages, chicken, mushrooms, carrots, green peas, etc. **Other recommended ingredients**.
Asparagus and Cheese Risotto from Germany step by step
- [Preparation] Remove the hard skin from the asparagus and cut into 1-cm lengths. I show how to prepare white asparagus.
- [Preparation] Cut the ingredients into 1 cm cubes. Separate the mushrooms into bite sizes. Put the asparagus cooking liquid (or water + butter) and stock into a pot, and heat..
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and cook the ingredients. Put the chicken and ham in first and then the vegetables and asparagus (put the mushrooms in last)..
- If using uncooked rice add it at this point and cook (You don't need to rinse). If using cooked rice do not add it at this point..
- When the rice is almost translucent, add the stock you mixed previously. Simmer for 10 minutes until al dente..
- When the rice is al dente (if using cooked rice add it now) add the milk and cheese (cut into small pieces). Turn the heat to low..
- When the milk and cheese are blended evenly throughout, season with salt, pepper and parsley. It is done. Guten Appetit..
- Note: If using sliced cheese choose non-melting type. Look at the comment if you want to know the reason..
- 2 slices of cheese make the risotto quite rich. If you prefer a lighter risotto use half the amount..
- I used white asparagus cooking liquid with this recipe and the top photo has white asparagus. Originally this recipe was with green asparagus and I changed it. You can use green asparagus of course..
- Spargelzeit refers to white asparagus season from April to June in Germany..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…