Barbacoa for tacos. Barbacoa tacos are one delicious way to enjoy your next taco night! They're juicy, ultra flavorful, and made easy right in the slow cooker. Subscribe to my channel and press the bell button to get notifications.
Barbacoa Tacos. posted by Christy Denney Barbacoa is spicy shredded Mexican beef that goes great in tacos. This recipe uses the slow cooker to make things super simple and quick. You can cook Barbacoa for tacos using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Barbacoa for tacos
- Prepare 1 of Rumba beef cheek.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 of large yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
A beef roast is cut into chunks and then placed into the slow. Barbacoa (Spanish: [baɾβaˈkoa] (listen)) is a form of cooking meat that originated in the Arawak-speaking Caribbean with the Taíno people, from which the term "barbecue" derives. In contemporary Mexico, it generally refers to meats or whole sheep or whole goats slow-cooked over an open fire or. Tacos de Barbacoa is what we used to get on Sundays morning for breakfast.
Barbacoa for tacos instructions
- Unpackage, rinse the beef cheek, and place in your crock pot..
- Sprinkle Salt evenly over the meat (yes ALL of it)..
- Slice the 1/2 onion into three equal pieces. Peel garlic cloves and slice each in half. Add onion, garlic, and bay leaves to the crock pot. (I like to find little crevices in the meat to wedge them into).
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 12 hours or Cook on HIGH for 6-7 hours..
- The barbacoa is ready when it's tender to separate with a fork..
- TIPS: *Do not add water! The beefcheek will provide enough liquid on its own. *If cooking on High; check halfway throughout cooking to ensure none of the ingredients are sticking to the side of the pot..
With this authentic Mexican barbacoa recipe, you will find out that there is nothing like tacos de barbacoa with a salsa. This Instant Pot Barbacoa is bursting with flavor and so versatile that it will soon be one of your top ways to cook beef, especially for tacos. It's juicy, tender, and perfectly seasoned! Tacos filled with juicy barbacoa: soft Barbacoa originated in the Caribbean as an in-ground slow cooked whole animal wrapped in leaves, but these days it's most closely associated with Mexican food. Barbacoa Tacos are filled with tender chuck roast that has been slow cooked in a spicy flavor These Barbacoa Tacos are one of my family's favorite meals.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…