You can cook German Goulash using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German Goulash
- You need 250 grams of Stewing beef.
- Prepare 1 large of Onion.
- You need 1 large of Carrot.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Red wine.
- You need 200 grams of Tinned tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 of of each Red and green peppers.
- Prepare 1 large of Potato.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of A) Salt.
- It’s 2 pinch of A) Cumin powder.
- Prepare 2 pinch of A) Cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of A) Pepper.
German Goulash step by step
- Mince the onion, carrot and red and green peppers. Roughly cube the potato..
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a pot and add the beef. Fry until golden brown. Add the minced onion, and then the carrot..
- Add the paprika powder and tomato paste. Fry briefly, then add the red wine. Once the excess liquid evaporates, add the tinned tomatoes and reduce..
- Add the minced red and green peppers, cubed potato and 300 ml of water. Bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to medium. Leave to stew, stirring occasionally..
- If using a regular pot as opposed to a pressure cooker, leave to stew for 2 hours (adding some water now and then if necessary). The starch from the vegetables will thicken the sauce and the beef will become tender..
- Season with the A) ingredients, and it's finished..
- In restaurants, this is usually served with German breads, such as rye..
- This is also delicious made using a mix of beef and pork..
- Spätzle (German food, like a cross between pasta and dumplings) is another standard accompaniment for this dish. Pictured right is Spätzle with herbs kneaded into the dough..
- Finish with a dash of single cream to round off the flavor..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…