New Year's Eve Tamales, Pork.
You can have New Year's Eve Tamales, Pork using 32 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of New Year's Eve Tamales, Pork
- It’s of Wrap.
- You need 16 ounce of package dried cornhusk.
- You need As needed of hot water to soak cornhusk.
- You need of Pork.
- Prepare 4 pounds of Boston Butt Pork.
- It’s As needed of water.
- You need 1 leaf of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 of large red onion.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Red sauce.
- You need 1-1/2 of large bell pepper.
- You need 4 of dried ancho pepper pods.
- It’s 2 cups of pork broth from the cooked pork.
- You need 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 8-1/2 ounces of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of peanut oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Tamale Dough.
- Prepare 4 cups of masa marina.
- You need 3 cups of pork broth.
- Prepare 1-1/3 cup of lard.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of baking powder.
New Year's Eve Tamales, Pork step by step
- Cut the half onion in half. In a Dutch oven add the pork, onions, and spices cover with water. Put into oven at 250° Fahrenheit cook in oven 8 hours. You can also cook in an instant pot on low for 8-10 hours..
- Heat a skillet. Take the ancho chili pods and toast the chili pods about 3 minutes per side..
- Add water as needed. At the end of cooking the pork reserve enough broth for 5 cups. If not enough add water to broth. Move pork aside to cool..
- Add the chili pods, and bell peppers, with the stems removed, to a pot. Add two cups of broth from the cooked pork. Boil uncovered for 20 minutes. As it's cooking shred the pork..
- Transfer the chiles, peppers, and broth to a blender. Add oregano, cumin, onion pieces, onion powder, garlic and blend until smooth. Strain the sauce if you want. Set aside in a bowl..
- In a pan heat the oil mixing in the flour. Add the sauce in bowl that you strained to the flour mixture. Sauté for about for 10 minutes. Mix with the pork..
- Add sun-dried tomatoes to the blender along with some of the liquids used to boil the peppers. Blend till smooth..
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the lard and 2 tablespoons of broth until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Combine the masa flour, baking powder, salt, and cumin in a separate bowl mix well. Start to stir into the lard mixture and beat well with an electric mixer..
- Add the rest of the 3 cups of broth to the masa mixture. The dough will be soft and a bit sticky, when mix well..
- Take and turn on heat, water in a pot to steam in, with enough water as not to touch the bottom of the steaming chamber..
- Pat dry the cornhusk. Spread some of the tamale dough to cover the Cornhusk. Add about a tablespoon of the pork to the center of tamale dough, lengthwise..
- Fold each side over to cover over the filling. Fold the bottom of the tamale upwards. Stack in the steamer chamber. When full set over the steamer and cover. Steam for 45 minutes to an hour..
- After 45 minutes check a tamale. If done take them out and start next batch till your done. Let rest 10 minutes they will firm up a bunch, and serve or freeze up to 6 months. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…