German Yellow Cake.
You can have German Yellow Cake using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Yellow Cake
- Prepare of Yellow Cake.
- It’s 1 cup of Butter (Softened to room temperature).
- Prepare 2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 3 cup of All-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare of German Chocolate Icing.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 3 1/2 oz of Coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped Pecans.
German Yellow Cake instructions
- For the Yellow Cake, Preheat oven to 375°..
- Grease and flour 2 – 9" cake pans..
- Cream butter and sugar. Add and mix the rest of the ingredients..
- Pour batter into cake pans. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Check cake with a toothpick for doneness..
- If making a sheet cake, bake for 35-40 minutes..
- For the German Chocolate Icing..
- In saucepan, beat egg slightly. Stir in sugar, evaporated milk, salt, and butter..
- Cook over Medium heat, for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick and bubbly..
- Stir in Coconut and Pecans. Cool..
- When cake and icing are cooled, frost both layers of cake, on the top. Then, layer..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…