German potatoes salad. Bacon gives this warm German potato salad recipe a boost of flavor. The vinegar and sugar dressing on this salad has the perfect combination of salty and sweet. A much more traditional German potato salad which, of course, has no mayo.
This potato salad recipe is easy and super delicious. Unlike other side dishes, this one will get tore up guaranteed! German Potato Salad is a traditional potato side dish originating in Southern Germany. You can cook German potatoes salad using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German potatoes salad
- Prepare 4 of large bakers potatoes.
- Prepare 12 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of small diced onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 3 cups of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt (to taste).
- Prepare 1 Tbls of pepper.
Generally, German Potato Salad refers to this Southern style dish. Toss Yukon gold potatoes with Dijon mustard, vinegar, thick-cut bacon, chives and seasoning for this classic German Potato Salad recipe from Food Network. For German potato salad, sliced potatoes are tossed with bacon, sautéed onions, fresh herbs, and a mustardy white wine dressing. It's a nice change-up from the classic.
German potatoes salad instructions
- Boil potatoes 40 minutes.
- Boil eggs 20 minutes(sprinkle salt liberally over the top of eggs) helps to remove shell later.
- Nice onion.
- Run cold water over potatoes and eggs to cool rapidly..
- Peel potatoes and chop, peel eggs and chop. Add together with onion, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper..
- Add more oil if needed. Potatoes will soak it up..
German Potato Salad recipe – made with creamy red or yellow potatoes, richly flavorful bacon, parsley bursting with freshness, vibrant red onions, and it's all tossed with a simple, lightly tangy. My German Potato Salad is made with vinegar, bacon, and onion and can be served warm or cold. A perfect hearty side dish for any occasion, from holiday dinners to BBQs! Hot red potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite. I can taste the pucker now.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…