German Chocolate Cookies. While a big slice of German chocolate cake may appeal to many, baking one from scratch may not. That's where these cookies come in. They satisfy the craving for deep, dark pools of warm chocolate.
How to make Soft & Delicious German Chocolate Cookies Recipe! Watch this video to see how you can make them too! German Chocolate Brownie Cookies are soft, chewy, chocolatey cookies topped with gooey coconut pecan caramel frosting & drizzled with chocolate! You can cook German Chocolate Cookies using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Cookies
- Prepare 130 grams of all-purpose flour.
- You need 50 grams of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 115 grams of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 100 grams of sugar.
- You need 110 grams of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 130 grams of sweetened coconut flakes, lightly toasted.
- It’s 170 grams of bittersweet chocolate, chopped.
- It’s 120 grams of pecans, chopped and toasted.
A chewy chocolate cookie topped with a German chocolate icing. Very good, and they freeze wonderfully if you have any left to freeze. Do not substitute canned frosting or you will be disappointed. Rich German chocolate cookies are soft and chewy chocolate cookies that are packed with sweet coconut, melty chocolate pieces, and pecans.
German Chocolate Cookies step by step
- Toast coconut, chop and toast pecans, and chop chocolate. Cool coconut and pecans..
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Mix..
- Combine butter and sugars. Beat for two minutes..
- Add egg and vanilla to butter mixture and beat for another minute..
- Add flour mixture to butter and slowly mix until combined..
- Add coconut, pecans and chocolate. Mix till combined..
- Form two logs over parchment paper, roll, and wrap in plastic..
- Refrigerate for 36 hours for better chocolate taste. Or skip this step if necessary..
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper..
- Slice logs in 1/4-inch medallions. If they break reconstitute them with the palm of the hands. Place them an inch apart. Slightly flatten them..
- Bake for 10 minutes. Leave on sheets for a couple of minutes. Then cool on wire rack. Cookies will freeze well once cooled completely..
These cookies are the easiest way to enjoy the flavors. German chocolate cake, originally German's chocolate cake, is a layered chocolate cake filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. If you like German chocolate cake, you will absolutely love these German chocolate cake cookies because their taste is reminiscent of the famous coconut and chocolate cake popular during the. German Chocolate Cookies – A rich, dense, chocolaty cookie topped with a heavenly coconut pecan frosting and drizzled in These German chocolate cookies are a deliciously indulgent dessert! German Chocolate Cake Cookies – Soft, chewy chocolate cookies with a rich caramel, coconut These German Chocolate Cake cookies are a delicious household staple.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…